Another Reason Why Marketers Need To Be Mobile
Nearly a month ago I wrote of The Rapid Rise Of Mobile Advertising And mCommerce. Today comes even more proof that marketers need to be mobile, literally as mobile payments are expected to nearly triple by 2015.
The latest from Juniper Research, a leading mobile marketing research firm, predicts that the total value of mobile payments for digital and physical goods, money transfers and NFC (Near Field Communications) transactions will hit $670 billion by 2015 – nearly three times as much as will be seen this year, $240 billion.
As Senior Juniper Analyst David Snow explained in the press release announcing the findings... "Our analysis shows that emerging segments such as physical goods payments, NFC and money transfers will fuel market growth by a factor of 2.7 times by 2015. Digital goods is the largest segment and, although forecast to more than double, it is not growing as quickly as some of the newer segments.”
Additional key findings:
- The top 3 regions for mobile payments (Far East & China, W. Europe and N. America) will represent 75% of the global mobile payment gross transaction value by 2015.
- Digital goods payments will account for nearly 40% of the market in 2015.
So, Mr. and Mrs. Marketer, from reading the aforementioned The Rapid Rise Of Mobile Advertising And mCommerce along with this post, you now know...
- Nearly 1/3 of all Americans now own a smartphone, up from 20% just a year ago
- There has been a 128% growth in the number of mobile display advertising campaigns over the past two years
- And the value of mobile payments is expected to be $670 billion by 2015
The question is what are you doing about it?
Are you using mobile advertising as part of your overall strategy?
Do your clients provide their customers with a mobile payment option?
If you answered to NO to either or worse yet both of these questions... well I suggest you get to getting real fast else be left standing still by your competition... standing still as in immobile.